Strain Revew: Perfect G-13

Overview: I’ll never forget the first time I smoked G-13. I was attending The Recording Workshop, an audio engineering school in Chillicothe, Ohio at the time. An old two-story house serves as the dorm room for the school and it was a total party house. I came out of my bedroom early one morning to find the house deserted because every one but me had an early class.
One of my classmates was a Rastafarian, and as clichéd as it may sound, he was a dead-ringer for Bob Marley. When I left my bedroom that morning, my Rastafarian friend (his name escapes me at the moment) was the only one in the house, sitting quietly in a recliner in the living room, staring at the wall and smoking a giant joint.
“I’ve got to go to class,” he said when I walked in, “Here, finish this.”
And he handed me his barely-smoked joint. Why can’t all days be like this?
Anyway, I took the Rastafarian’s place in the recliner and proceed to smoke the joint all the way down to the end. I sunk deep into the chair with a big smile on my face and skipped the rest of my classes that day.
I was blown away.
I grew up near the border and at the time I was used to smoking nothing but Mexican Schwag. This stuff was heaven by comparison. I was in love. For years afterward I would recant to people my story of the BEST BUD I EVER TRIED.
Of course, since then I’ve tried buds that are as good or better than that G-13, but the strain will always hold a special place in my heart.

Purchased From: San Diego Organic Collective, Inc.

Looks: This sample of Perfect G-13 from SDOC is an amazing sight to behold. The buds are so dark purple that they look black and it’s completely covered in bright, gold hairs. This stuff caught my eye immediately when I walked into SDOC and I knew I had to try it. Perfect G-13 is top-shelf stuff and quite pricy, so I was only able to buy a small sample, but it was totally worth it!

Taste/Smell: It’s been about a decade since I smoked that joint of G-13 but I remember it having a sweet, earthy/skunky smell and a very delicate taste. Smoking this bud out of a bong was a little different though. The smoke barely tasted like anything at all! I was astounded that such a beautiful, complex-looking bud could be so plain in taste, but the high made up for it.

Buzz: If you manage to score a good sample of G-13, prepare yourself for a ride. This bud is SUPER potent! The interesting this about this strain is that you get the full-on, couch-locked, lazy as hell feeling that you get from most indicas, but it also gives you a slight head high and it made me feel super creative and focused. It makes you feel light, and airy but super relaxed at the same time. It was a very unique experience that I hope to repeat in the very near future!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments